Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Review: Naked Came the Florida Man

Naked Came the Florida Man (Serge A. Storms #23)

Naked Came the Florida Man
Tim Dorsey

Serge A. Storms and his sidekick Coleman decide to take a road trip in Serge's 1969 Plymouth Satellite. Although a hurricane is approaching, they have decided to embark on a grand tour of Florida's forgotten cemeteries hoping for the best. Along the way, Serge will examine the local history and meet residents who are trying to find hidden treasure from the great hurricane of 1928 along with a high school student working hard to make it on the local football team. And when necessary, Serge will sort out a few injustices in unique and creative ways.

While I found some of the lines in this story amusing, I could not get into the characters and their juvenile pranks. Initially, I wasn't sure where the story was going. It seemed to ramble along, shifting back and forth in time, which made it seem like it went on forever. On a positive note, it was filled with action, and the author's style is unique, but overall, this was a tossup for me. While I can see that Serge and Coleman likely have a large following of fans, I hate to say that, based on this story, I'm probably not one of them.

This review was originally written by me for City Book Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment