Thursday, December 17, 2015

Review: Marseille Noir

Marseille Noir

Marseille Noir
Edited by: Cédric Fabre

This collection of fictional stories about Marseille is diverse, dark, macabre, quirky and totally irresistible. Each story has a unique voice about crime and the dark side of the city. By far my favorite was “I'll go away with the first man who says I love you” by Marie Neuser. I also really liked “The Warehouse of People from Before” by Salim Hatubou.

In this selection of stories Marseille comes across as a hard, tough, masculine city full of crime but also full of life and interesting characters. It will make you realize that Marseille is more than just an old, picturesque city by the sea. This is my first book in the Noir series and I found it so enjoyable that I definitely want to read more.

Thanks to Library Thing and Akashic Books for providing me with a review copy of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment