Monday, September 26, 2016

Review: The Curated Closet

The Curated Closet: A Simple System for Discovering Your Personal Style and Building Your Dream Wardrobe

The Curated Closet
Anuschka Rees

This book has inspired me to think about my wardrobe in a new way and to think about overhauling my closet. It's beautifully presented and it offers lots of useful suggestions. For instance, the two week sample outfit plan made me think about how I could use what I have in my closet as well as what I might need to add.

I especially liked the section on Closet detox, since that is what I find most difficult. Personally, I always find it difficult to part with pieces I have had for a while, whether or not I really wear them. The section on color palettes is interesting and one that I have not seen in other clothing books designed to help the reader build a wardrobe. While I like the photos in the is book, it seemed to me it might have benefited from more photos or illustrations. The photos that were included seemed fairly basic and were perhaps not the most inspiring.

This is a good book for those who want to think more strategically about how to shop and how to create a good quality wardrobe. Its well written and well organized. It's no doubt a good resource tool for anyone interested in clothing and fashion.

Thanks to Blogging for Books for allowing me to read this book in exchange of an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment