Saturday, November 19, 2016

Review: Heartland


  • Heartland: Season 8 (Canadian Version)
Heartland
DVD

Last night I finished season eight of Heartland. This Canadian series is one of my favorites at the moment. It follows a family on a horse farm in Alberta. Way back in season one, it begins with Amy, the main character loosing her mother in a road accident. Afterwards, she takes over her mother's job as the local horse whisperer. Her sister Lou returns from New York to help keep the farm running and Grandfather Jack agrees to look after Ty a teenager with a troubled past. The stories follow their ups and and downs over the many seasons.

This is primarily a family drama about horses, ranching and small town life in Alberta. Its full of interesting characters that will appeal to both young and older viewers. Since it is now in it's ninth or tenth season you will have plenty of time to really get to know all the characters and their stories. While this series isn't as conflict driven and suspenseful as Mcleod's Daughters, another family drama, and long running series set in Australia, which remains my all time favorite, it is nonetheless one that I have enjoyed watching. I can't wait to start season nine as soon as I get a copy from amazon.

Let me know what you think if you have a chance to watch this DVD.


No comments:

Post a Comment