Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Review: I Am Half-Sick Of Shadows

I Am Half-Sick of Shadows (Flavia de Luce, #4)
I Am Half-Sick of Shadows
Alan Bradley

Flavia de Luce is eleven years old, living in her family's somewhat decaying, but sprawling country house in post WWII England. Her most pressing interest is to ascertain whether Father Christmas actually exists. She has a plan for trapping him. But since the family finances aren't what they used to be, the house has been rented to a film company over Christmas. Flavia's interest soon shifts to uncovering a murderer when one of the film stars is found dead in her room.

I absolutely loved this book. Flavia is one of a kind, a little busy body with a keen interest in chemistry and an outlook on life that is humorous and charming. This book abounds in memorable dialogue and has a terrific country life atmosphere. After finally finding the time to read my first Flavia de Luce mystery, I can't wait to read more. It's a great little cozy mystery.


No comments:

Post a Comment